The Kindness Ripple
“The Kindness Ripple” is about doing small acts of kindness together in one direction thus creating big positive impact on the society.
I started The Kindness Ripple in 2018 (23 April 2018) with a general food drive. From 2019 onwards I took a specific focus on staple food Rice.
A rice drive now, is one of our yearly event which is done in the month of May (fixed dates each year – from 11 April to 11 May ) this aims to relieve some financial pressure from beneficiary organisations, thus helping them to focus their funds on other essentials like medicines etc.
Besides this we also do some adhoc events based on any current need or calamity. In 2018 we also did a drive to help the Kerala Flood victims where in 2 days we collected SGD 1577 and bought stuff via Amazon donated directly to charities like Goonj Foundation.
The inspiration was – the will to give back to the society not just in me but in many people around me.
This made me realize that everyone wants to help and give back in some little way but most feel that – what they can do is so little that it would not make much difference.
Hence I had two points to make :
1. If there are problems around us in the society let we be the ones who act and help resolve them.
2. And secondly, help people see the true power of their humble contributions. Bringing home the point that small acts of kindness can actually create huge impact if done collectively, in one direction.
I just want to do my bit in making this world a better place to live in. This drive is creating ripples that help me achieve 5 objectives :
1. Helping those in need
2. Motivating people to step up and help others, hence helping promote the values of compassion and sharing within our society.
3. Developing more and more such leaders who will drive this change.
4. Bring in Happiness and sense of purpose to those who participate in the drive.
5. Help people see the true power of their humble contributions. Bringing home the point that small acts of kindness can actually create huge impact if done collectively, in one direction
1. Each volunteer leader chooses one beneficiary organisation which their collections will go to
2. Volunteer Leaders reached out to their network via phone and social media requesting contributions to the drive.
3. In 2018-2019 years we would collect physical rice bags from donors but 2020 onwards the volunteer leaders collected funds from donors and ordered the rice online which was then delivered by the vendors directly to the beneficiary organisation.