“BE YOU” – A lot of emphasis around this phrase. I personally really admire the impact these two words carry.
Let’s feel the impact, close your eyes and just say these two words to yourself. Feel them !
Feel the freedom, feel the lightness – as if you are floating freely in the air or running wild in a green field, free to do just what you want to without inhibitions. Profound, isn’t it ?
But within this freedom lies a lot of responsibility. These words have the power to make or break not just you but the world too.
Hence it is of utmost importance to understand the true meaning of “Be You” and the dangers of getting it wrong.
All of us have a bit of evil within us. The evil has the tendency to overpower in the absence of restrictions. Imagine if we let this flow freely and let the demons grow, what a devastating effect it would have.
“Be U” truly means “Be the Best version of You.”. Train your demons to serve the Gods within you and bring out the best powers of the Gods within.
To understand your strengths (Gods) and ills (Demons) is the key here. Self Awareness and Self Control are the pre-requisites of this “Be You” process without which it is suicidal.
Self Awareness is clearly understanding who you are – your personality including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation and emotions.
Self Control is the act of stopping yourself from doing things you want to but that might not be in your best interest and in the interest of the community at large.
Alongside Self Awareness and Self control there are some guiding principles we can use to guide us to be our best selves and use the power of “Be You” in it’s right meaning and for the betterment of the society.
Self Focused :
1. Use you inner core strength to fascinate. You do not have to change your core self to accommodate others.
2. Learn Acceptance. Accept yourself and others as is. Perfection is a myth. We all have flaws, be around people whose flaws you are most comfortable with.
3. Delay Judgement. Try to understand the reason why a person is what he is. Learn empathy.
4. Persistence always pays off.
Society Focused :
5. Strong people Lift each other up. Always be ready to help.
6. Love and Compassion are irreplaceable. Give them away as much as you can.
7. Forgiveness and kindness is the virtue of the strong.
Growth Focused :
8. Your only competition is you. Try to be better than yourself each day.
9. Understand your value system and use this in your decision making process.
10. Remember Human Potential is immense. You are limited only by your thoughts.
You have this one life live it to the fullest whilst also making this world a better place to Live.
Impact is more important than money.
The one greatest gift you can give yourself and others is by Just Being Yourself – The Best version of yourself. Whilst first being truly aware of yourself.