“The Alchemist” is the story of a Shepherd boy who sets out in pursuit of his Dream – Destiny. The book is all about his experiences on the way, how he learnt the language of the Universe, and how the entire Universe conspired to realise his Dream. In his journey he fell in Love with a woman of the Dessert, and oh ! What a Love that was ! A Love that needs no words, a Love that waits all Life, a Love that gives you strength and courage, a Love that connects your souls forever.
Let’s read the masterpieces on Love which speak so profoundly about Love that you will fall in Love with Love.
1. “From where I am,” the sun said, “I can see the Soul of the World. It communicates with my soul, and together we cause the plants to grow and the sheep to seek out shade. From where I am – and I’m a long way from the earth – I learned how to love. I know that if I came even a little bit closer to the earth, everything there would die, and the Soul of the World would no longer exist. So we contemplate each other, and we want each other, and I give it life and warmth, and it gives me my reason for living.”
Through the metaphor of “the Love of the Sun and the Earth” Paulo is showing us that True Love doesn’t need physical proximity, you can Love as intensely and purely from a distance.
Love is a beautiful creator, it helps create wonderful things. It nurtures you and everything around you.
Love sacrifices own happiness for the other, just as Sun never comes near the earth because it knows that would destroy her.
Love is a reason enough to Live.
2. ” Because when we Love we always strive to become better than we are.”
True Love will always help your soul grow to a higher level, because it awakens and digs out the sea of tender emotions inside you, which make you more warm, fulfilled and happy.
Happiness and contentment that comes from being Loved is magical. It has the power to boost your self belief to a very high level. And again, what you believe is what you achieve.
That’s how Love takes you to a higher level each time. It transforms your soul.
3. “Love is the force that transforms and improves the soul of the world.”
The Soul of the world is nourished by the happiness of People. The Soul of a person is transported to a higher level of contentment and wisdom by Love.
That’s how Love transforms the Soul of the World by touching each of our souls individually.
4. Referring to Love, in the Language of Alchemy
“If what one finds is made of pure matter, it will never spoil. And one can always come back. If what you found was only a moment of Light, like the explosion of a star, you would find nothing on your return.”
True Love will never fade. It will always wait and you will find it the same or more intense than when you left. But if it was just an attraction it will fade away with time and distance.
5. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
In love there is no because, it either exists or not Period. No reasons, no excuses.
6. You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny. If he abandons that pursuit, it’s because it wasn’t true Love.”
Love will help you grow and make you realise your destiny. It would never come in its way.
Hope you have enjoyed the powerful insights of Paulo Coelho on Love and they inspire you to Love more intensely.
Go Fall in Love !